Seeing you here I would imagine you have your reasons to look for an alternative SEO plugin for WordPress, and I would agree, Yoast SEO is not for everyone. Let’s discuss some alternatives that can help you further improve your website SEO.
All in One SEO Pack
You may not believe, but All in One SEO Pack is actually older than Yoast SEO by a few years, being developed in 2007. This plugin has been downloaded over 50 million times to date, which is a recommendation in its own right.
Why would you use All in One SEO Pack? Because it is an equally good choice for beginners as well as advanced users. One may say that it provides a very familiar experience if you have already used Yoast SEO. Major features of this plugin are:
- XML and image XML sitemap support
- Automatically generates meta tags
- Automatic notifications to search engines of site updates
- Optimizes titles for the search engines
- Google Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) support
- Support for SEO on custom post types
- Advanced canonical URLs
Additional features are provided with the paid Pro version and depending on your website needs these may not be absolutely necessary.
One of the very effective WordPress SEO plugins, Squirrly SEO will help you improve your website SEO for pages, posts, and even WooCommerce products. Website optimization is guided by an assistant and auditing tools. Everyone can access a large knowledge base and support forum helping you maximize plugin potential.
The major benefit, when compared to Yoast SEO, is that it is a very beginner-friendly plugin. Literally walking the user through full search engine optimization, with major features being:
- Keyword research assistant – provides helo by suggesting keywords.
- SEO live assistant – Real-time assistant which helps your content optimization.
- SEO for social media
- Audit suite – A complete website SEO analysis.
- Metadata – Customization options for meta titles and descriptions, as well as snippet previews.
- XML sitemap
- Performance analytics – Follows your content’s SEO performance via Google Rank Checker.
Just like many other WordPress plugins, Squirrly basic features are free while you will have to purchase a Pro plan for advanced features, or the or Business plan if you need it for multiple websites (maximum 7 websites).
Another one that provides all the features necessary to optimize your website, SEOPress is one of the top WordPress plugins for search engine optimization. Besides intuitive interface, users of this plugin receive post and page analysis with suggestions for improvements.
All the major features provided recommend this as a good alternative to Yoast SEO:
- Manage metadata
- Google Knowledge Graph
- Social Metadata
- XML sitemaps
- HTML sitemap
- Google Analytics
- Import previous metadata from previous SEO plugin … and more
Extra features such as Google XML video sitemap, breadcrumbs, and WooCommerce SEO are included if you upgrade to the full SEOPress Pro plugin.
Please note that you do not confuse this one with SEOPress. User-friendly interface, a plethora of customization and optimization features make SEOPressor a powerful though premium SEO plugin. By gathering information about your website’s SEO health, it can provide assistance in ascertaining your site performance with the search engines.
The main reason why you would think about SEOPressor as an alternative to Yoast SEO is its impressive feature list that is more elaborate:
- On-Page SEO analysis – Multiple keyword analysis, with instant feedback and optimization recommendations to improve your content, and help with preventing unnatural over-optimizing.
- Semantic builder – A solution for semantic markup supporting Schema.org, local SEO, Facebook Knowledge Graph, Twitter Cards, and more.
- XML sitemap generator
- Canonical URLs
- Smart link manager – Great option for managing all internal links.
- Sitewide audit and score manager – Audit tool aiming at posts optimization for search engines.
- SEO trends – Website performance tracker
With 23 million WordPress pages using SEOPressor, think about it and its relatively affordable price of $9 per month, with access to all features, updates and an unlimited number of domains.
To conclude, WordPress SEO has never been easier
Any of your WordPress websites can be optimized for SEO and the only question is which plugin do you want to use? Will you choose a free plugin because it provides all the basics or a premium one that may give your website an edge over the competition?
All of the plugins we mentioned are suitable alternatives to Yoast SEO and you really cannot go wrong with any of them. Taking a bit of time and choosing one that will fit your needs best will result in the optimal SEO for your website.